Industry 4.0, the fourth industrial revolution, raises new challenges for future manufacturing which are driven by four disruptions: (1) data volumes, computational power, and connectivity; (2) the emergence of analytics and business-intelligence capabilities; (3) new forms of human-machine interaction; (4) and improvements in transferring digital instructions to the physical world, such as advanced robotics and 3D printing. One of the most promising concepts of Industry 4.0 are digital twins, integrated digital data, models, and services that foster a better understanding of the production systems of Industry 4.0 and a more sustainable handling of resources. We, therefore, conduct research on modeling languages in Industry 4.0, on the efficient management of manufacturing data, and on the systematic conception, engineering, and deployment of self-adaptive digital twins.
- [BDJ+22] P. Brauner, M. Dalibor, M. Jarke, I. Kunze, I. Koren, G. Lakemeyer, M. Liebenberg, J. Michael, J. Pennekamp, C. Quix, B. Rumpe, W. van der Aalst, K. Wehrle, A. Wortmann, and M. Ziefle. A Computer Science Perspective on Digital Transformation in Production, ACM Trans. Internet Things, 3, pages 1-32, February, 2022.
- [BBD+21b] F. Becker, P. Bibow, M. Dalibor, A. Gannouni, V. Hahn, C. Hopmann, M. Jarke, I. Koren, M. Kröger, J. Lipp, J. Maibaum, J. Michael, B. Rumpe, P. Sapel, N. Schäfer, G. J. Schmitz, G. Schuh, and A. Wortmann. A Conceptual Model for Digital Shadows in Industry and its Application, In: Aditya Ghose, Jennifer Horkoff, Vitor E. Silva Souza, Jeffrey Parsons, Joerg Evermann, editors, Conceptual Modeling, ER 2021, pages 271-281, October, 2021, Springer.
- [BBD+21a] T. Bolender, G. Bürvenich, M. Dalibor, B. Rumpe, and A. Wortmann. Self-Adaptive Manufacturing with Digital Twins, In: 2021 International Symposium on Software Engineering for Adaptive and Self-Managing Systems (SEAMS), pages 156-166, May, 2021, IEEE Computer Society.
- [BDH+20] P. Bibow, M. Dalibor, C. Hopmann, B. Mainz, B. Rumpe, D. Schmalzing, M. Schmitz, A. Wortmann. Model-Driven Development of a Digital Twin for Injection Molding. In. S. Dustdar, E. Yu, C. Salinesi, D. Rieu, V. Pant, editors, International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE’20), pp. 85-100, Grenoble, Springer International Publishing, June 2020.
- [WBCW20] A. Wortmann, O. Barais, B. Combemale, M. Wimmer. Modeling Languages in Industry 4.0: an Extended Systematic Mapping Study. In. J. Gray and V. Kulkarni, editors, Software and Systems Modeling, 19(1), pp. 67-94, Springer, Jan. 2020.
Find other research topics from my research website.